Thursday, February 18, 2010

Humility

Be thankful this day for humility.

As a collective we are very proud, yet as individuals we are filled with ego. This is the reason why most of us fail to have meaningful relationships, successful businesses, and most importantly, be who we know we are. Our competitive nature gets in the way of all we know. We feel we always have to impress someone, attempt be more than what we appear to be or know. How do we know what to be or who to be? I say sit quietly in stillness and you'll know. The ones who are aware or humbled see pass the illusion created by impressor. I'm not saying it's not good to have healthy competition, just be aware of the attached ego. As a teenager I was always told their is always someone better than me. Of course those of you who know me intimately, knew how cocky and arrogant I was in my youth.

Then I received a good lesson of humility. Example, I was the fastest teenager in my school for three years. I ran track won most of meets and was offered a partial scholarship to run. Then I was a junior and caption, track season came around and not worried about my spot on the team. On the first day of practice, there was a freshman who was pretty fast, so I challenged him and lost. My ego and reputation was bruised. I was no longer the fast person in school. As the season went on, I learned the freshman couldn't hold his top speed for long, but I could. Needless to say close to the end of the season we raced again and I won.

This taught me how to be a gracious loser. With each humbling lesson in my life, my ego lessened and became prideful of me. There is a difference between ego and having pride. Ego is a knee jerk reaction to a unpleasant comment you have to defend or having a lack of self esteem to replace true confidence. Pride is were you feel proud of an accomplishment you worked hard for coming from the true heart. In essence humility is the counter energy of having too much ego. Being humble allows us to see the world as it truly is, without the man created illusions. All the Johns' and Janes' eventually learned how to truly appreciate themselves by not keeping up with the Jones'. By no means am I saying just because you are humbled, you should live a meager life. Some of the most successful people in the world are humble.

Being humble means you are aware of yourself, your talents, the world and how to serve humanity. Humility opens up new doors once locked by our stubbornness. How do we become more humble and serve the world to create Heaven on Earth? Listen to voice of consciousness
and let it be your guide to fulfill the everlasting passion filled purpose.

Be thankful this day and everyday for the lessons to make us more aware of life.
Be thankful this day and everyday for the success coming from a humbled nature.
Be thankful this day and everyday for the Heaven we created on Earth by being humble and grateful.


Come From Nothing


Come from something

a feeling a thought a seed

conceived a reason for being on this here earth


This purpose surfaced after years of searching the depths of my soul that took many forms

torn delirious mind serious heart

committed to the quest


Clawed and struggled saw my vision imprisoned in my thoughts

come to fruition from wishing progression life’s lesson and this world a teacher

family and friends preachers giving advice for a better life


Searching for answers to life long questions

pique my interest and invest in myself my worth

a higher percentage

vintage


Abiding by the laws of society to get to where I got to go

now know how to bend the rules to suite my needs

no restrictions please


No degree to define me

knowledge acquired through exploration meditation

end result is what you see what you read

experiences molded me treated me kind others left me reaching for what is mine lack of shame full of confidence


Fate stitched me mended me made me whole escaping the defiance of the former me

centered around the epitome of my dream

contingency


Work in progress an won’t rest till I reach my quest I am the best at what I do and the shoe fits won’t quit till my message is heard from lessons learned


Others cling to the mainstream while I slide under the radar undetected protected manifested to a ball of energy elevated to the wrath of fire I profess and confess the two are one duality

one needs the other my reality


If you come from nothing you will be nothing

lies and fiction here’s what I mention

you come from something more than a fucked up past more than a piece of ass living when then convinced something better than stormy weather


Wasted time on the rewind flash to the future the mental mind set is no less than perfect

I am here a place with no face to tell me what passes the cause of my actions I am something and didn’t come from nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment